COACHING FOR EXPATRIATE SPOUSES OR FOR THOSE WHO MOVED ABROAD FOR LOVE
Have you moved abroad with your partner? Or for your partner?
Relocation to a foreign country often introduces intense emotional challenges for the accompanying expat spouse, which can be quite difficult sometimes.
Don't worry if you experience some of the following symptoms on yourself:
- you feel out of place,
- you don't know what to do with your career,
- you would like to do something meaningful, but you feel yourself stuck professionally and in your private life,
- you are confused about your cultural or career identity,
- you feel desperate, helpless, lonely, frustrated or angry over the move,
- you are afraid of contacting to people in Hungary.
There are solutions for your challenges.
How can I help you at the coaching sessions?
- you will find a safe place by me for expressing your thoughts, concerns, emotions, hopes and wishes freely, without being afraid to be judged
- you will get factual information about the natural physical, emotional and cognitive consequences of a relocation, which can confirm your experiences and also releases stress from your shoulders
- you will find support for developing your self - care plan and self- survival tactics that can ease your emotions, and make you feel grounded and harmonious again
- I help you with clarifying your true desire both in your career and in your general well - being likewise, and you get encouragement for making them come true
- you will get inspiration from hearing what tactics worked for other expatriates, and what did not
- I stand by you as you move out of your comfort zone, and try new things,
- and most importantly:
I support you in getting in touch with your true inner voice abroad, and in letting it be heard.
How are the sessions hold?
The sessions could be held via Skype, telephone (within the EU) or in person (in Vienna, Austria or in Budapest, Hungary).
How much does a coaching session cost?
The prices that you will read below are designed for Western European and Northern American clients. If you are based in another country, please contact me for the exact price details by clicking here.
First, introductory session: €55
Rest of the sessions: €139 per session (one session lasts for 60 – 75 minutes)
Price if we contract for an intensive co – operation (for a coaching package): €99 per session.
This price includes unlimited e-mail support for the duration of our co- operation BUT it also requires a much stronger commitment from your side.
Would you like to book a session with me?
About me: Nóra Szűcs, PhD
It was more than 14 years ago the first time I experienced living in a different country, and since then both my private and professional lives have intertwined with it.
I grew up in Hungary, but I also have experiences with living in Sweden, in the UK, in Germany, and now I have been living in Austria for 7 years, where I have been both researching and lecturing the psychological aspects of an expatriate life at the Vienna University of Business and Economics. I got my PhD title for studying women's experiences abroad in 2018, and now I am researching men's experiences in a foreign country.
I have been giving workshops and coaching for both expats and repats since 2011. I see myself as the follower of transactional analysis in my coaching work, which approach has been developed by Eric Berne. I regularly give presentations about expatriation at international conferences. Beside my academic publications, I have also written a book about Hungarian women's experiences abroad (Wings and Roots: Life abroad with the eyes of Hungarian women), which has been published by Ursus Libris in 2015.